My babies are biters!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Shannon's Chix, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Shannon's Chix

Shannon's Chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    N.E. Florida
    I have 4 gorgeous porcelain d'uccle babies...7 weeks old. 3 girls 1 boy. They are extremely friendly compared to other babies I've had, they love to come to me, like to be held and played with. the problem is sometimes they bite. Not peck...BITE! None of my chickens have ever bitten me before, not even my babies! I'm not sure if this is something they may outgrow or what, if anything I should do about it. [​IMG]

2. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Hmm I've never had that problem from a group of babies either.

I had a roo that bit me all the time after he reached maturity, and I have an upcoming roo (~10 weeks) that bit me tonight, but in his defense I startled him in the dark I don't think he realized it was me until after the fact.

3. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

I thnk it comes with the territory! My bantams are more likely to bite when they feel treatened one minute and the next they are flying p into my lap to get treats...go figure. [​IMG]

4. Shannon's Chix

Shannon's Chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    N.E. Florida
    Quote:Good to know! The only other banties I have are silkies and they never bit me and I raised them from babies...the d'uccles are MUCH more outgoing for sure!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by