1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

My babies are GENIUSES!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by imamtgrandma2, May 23, 2010.

1. imamtgrandma2

imamtgrandma2 In the Brooder

Apr 20, 2010
    5000' above Fresno, CA
    One of the 4 girls ran into a water nipple and said, "What's this?" She started playing with it and the other 3 came over to join in. Now they all know where the nipples are and how to use them!!
    I showed them every day for the first 3 and actually gave up for a couple of days.
    They are Genius I tell you!

2. illegal avian

illegal avian Cooped up

Apr 21, 2010
    Third World, Texas
    The fluoride will take care of that! [​IMG]

3. tammyd57

tammyd57 Songster

Quote:ummm......5,000 feet above Fresno........she probably doesn't have fluoride in her water.

CaliforniaBirdMom: That's really good to know. I am in the planning stages of another coop & run and I want to try the nipple waterers. I was afraid of spending all the time constructing the system only to find out the chickens wouldn't be able to figure it out.

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  4. illegal avian

illegal avian Cooped up

Apr 21, 2010
    Third World, Texas
    Quote:ummm......5,000 feet above Fresno........she probably doesn't have fluoride in her water.

CaliforniaBirdMom: That's really good to know. I am in the planning stages of another coop & run and I want to try the nipple waterers. I was afraid of spending all the time constructing the system only to find out the chickens wouldn't be able to figure it out.

tammyd57, you may be right... but in the big picture of things, it looks like maybe you should be more concerned with what's in your own water! [​IMG]:lau:lau

5. imamtgrandma2

imamtgrandma2 In the Brooder

Apr 20, 2010
    5000' above Fresno, CA
    illegal avian - You're right - no fluoride - just lots of iron bacteria - no health issue - for either humans or pets.

6. illegal avian

illegal avian Cooped up

Apr 21, 2010
    Third World, Texas
    Quote:I read your little page after tammyd57 pointed out the 5,000 ft thing... sweet!

7. illegal avian

illegal avian Cooped up

Apr 21, 2010
    Third World, Texas
    I believe your chickens are GENIUSES!!!

but that has me wondering...

Why is it the phrase "laid an egg" has a negative connotation when it comes to people, like someone did something stupid? [​IMG]

8. tammyd57

tammyd57 Songster

tammyd57, you may be right... but in the big picture of things, it looks like maybe you should be more concerned with what's in your own water! [​IMG]:lau:lau

I have very nice clean well water, thank you for your concern. Yes, it's been tested.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by