My babies are hatching!! *pics vid*

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Emilys3guppies, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Emilys3guppies

Emilys3guppies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2009
    Toronto
    I had my first egg pip...it took 36 hours to make a teeny tiny hole in the shell.

Then, last night while I was sleeping, three more zipped! I woke up at 3am just intime to videotape the first being born! Amazing!

Two more were born and I left the three in the incubator and went back to bed.

In the morning they were dry and REARRANGING everything! So, I got ready for a quick change-over...had the brooder warming so it was ready. I moved the three dry babies to the brooder and picked up the first egg to pip with some warm damp papertowel.

Even with 70% humidity the membrane seemed a bit dry so I helped it zip all around and then put the egg and papertowel back in the bator. It popped the top off the egg and now it's cheeping around the incubator.
    It did poop in the shell...I can't imagine that's good...what does it usually mean? A stressed baby?

This is as much as the first pip ever zipped in more than 36 hours. It's beak would stick out and I could see it was alive but I didn't know how long. I hope it makes it even though it needed help.

[​IMG]

And here's the small video of the first baby coming out of the shell after a super-quick zipping. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for letting me share! I'll be sure to post fluffy pics too!!

2. silentrunning

silentrunning Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    Venice, Florida
    I don't think there is anything more exciting than the first time you have chicks hatch! Congratulations.

Doug

3. Sissy

Sissy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Sevier county, Tn.
    what a beautiful sight
    I am always in awe
    to see the new borns,

4. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

5. Emilys3guppies

Jun 1, 2009
    Toronto
    Some more fluffy pics I took this morning. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Emilys3guppies

Jun 1, 2009
    Toronto
    Quote:LOL! My sister saw that video clip where I say that the chickie hatching was the most amazing thing....and she reminded me that I was there for the birth of her daughter too and, come on, wasn't that more amazing?

[​IMG]

She doesn't understand. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    (Why were you whispering??)
    [​IMG]

8. Emilys3guppies

Jun 1, 2009
    Toronto
    Quote:Cause my husband and baby were sleeping in the same room. LOL! It's all I could do not to yell though! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by