1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

my babies are here finally

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Julie R, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Julie R

Julie R Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2007
    My new babies are here, 20 little chicks my hubby thinks I am crazy but what else is new !!
    I got 3 chicks at easter and loved watching them grow ( sadly we did lose one to a nasty skunk ) but the other two are doing great outside with my ducks right now they share a run till the coop is finished.

The new babies are in the house and soooo cute and tiny !!
    There is 5 Ameraucanas, 5 Silver laced cochins, 5 Light Brahmas, and 5 Black Dutch bantams.

I found out a few things after they got here - I found out the silver laced and the brahmas have feather feet ( so funny looking) and the black dutch are so small I am afraid of losing them in the group, but all are healthy and lively cant wait till the are old enough to go outside and meet the other two chickens KFC and Peaches who are going to stand out in the pen -KFC is the only white plymouth and Peaches is the only Buff Orp.

I love my chickens- hubby is not to crazy about them ( he named KFC !! ) he tries to name all the babies after food - good luck with all 20 of them honey !!!

Julie R

2. sara

sara Title Needed Here

New chicks are so fun!

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Congrats on your new babies! Ohhhh, they are sooo much fun to watch them grow and learn! Of course...we will want pics!! [​IMG]

4. Julie R

Julie R Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2007
    I have a camera full of pics - waiting to get developed I cant wait to show of the new kids. I am having so much fun watching them and I have found out that the Brahmas are a very sweet loving little chick they are very calm when held and most of the time fall asleep in your hand, but the ameraucana are very bold little ones and are very lively, just like the laced cochins and the dutch are very nervouse when held ( i guess since they are so small ) but each chick is starting to have its own personality going on - I alreadly see a few that are going to be full of themselves when they are older !! I hope KFC is ready for a few other chicks that think they are the baddiest on the farm.

will get pics soon !!
    Julie R

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by