My Babies Are Here!!!!!!!!!!! Yayyyyy

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Shelz, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Shelz

Shelz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2012
    S.E. Iowa
    My chicks have arrived this morning...I just got back from picking them up at the P.O.!!!

Got them all in the brooder...showed them their food & water.....all seem to be eating and pecking around except one...she just seems to stand in the middle of it all. Is that normal??? Maybe just shock from the long trip??? I have to go to work soon and Im just going to worry all day about them!!!

2. laturcotte1

laturcotte1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    Congratulations. Our hen just hatched her first on Friday and I can't wait to get home from work to watch it. I hope they all do well, good luck.

3. Shelz

Aug 20, 2012
    S.E. Iowa
    Thank you....

Im just a worried mom right now....they are so tiny, and traveled a long ways...Im so glad I only work about 5 hrs today.....I hope everything is ok with them all.

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Give them some sugar water and/or electrolytes to give them a boost. Your little one is probably just a bit tired after the journey. Enjoy your babies!

5. maidenwolfx80

maidenwolfx80 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2012
    missouri
    Were did you order from? I am waiting for my chicks to arrive ordered from IDEAL POULTRY and got my email that they had been shipped last night

6. Shelz

Aug 20, 2012
    S.E. Iowa
    I did put electrolytes in their water first thing. They came from Meyer Hatchery

7. CoopDeViIIe

CoopDeViIIe Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2012

I also got my email from Ideal last night. Looks like we will be receiving our chicks at the same time.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  8. maidenwolfx80

maidenwolfx80 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2012
    missouri
    Wow we must have ordered on the same day lol.. Mine will be here tomorrow.. Good luck with your little ones. Post some pics when they arrive..

9. jendodd79

jendodd79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2012
    We had one little one that did that - we've had ours a week now. She took about 3 days to come around, and did have pasty butt. Once we got her cleaned up, and lots of warm cuddles for a few days she zooms around like the rest of them.

10. Shelz

Aug 20, 2012
    S.E. Iowa
    Thought I would show some pics of my new little ones.......they all seem to be doing well so far. I am anxious to see all of your new ones when they come. Its pretty exciting. I think you were right about the one baby, Sumi, maybe she was just pooped put from the trip!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by