1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My babies are leaving this Sunday.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ChickenPeep, Feb 22, 2012.

1. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    [​IMG]
    I've been trying to keep in the tears and tell myself it's okay, but I just can't anymore.

In October, I worked so hard everyday for 3 weeks to hatch my babies. I got 11 to hatch. I knew we couldn't keep the roos, and was expecting to just "Not get attatched". Well, that was impossible. You want to know how many girls we got out of 11?
    I have gotten so attached to my babies. I could even list off all the names. Were only keeping 4- 2 silkies, a silkie D'uccle cross, and a Silver duckwing OEGB roo.

My mom just called a lady and asked if she could take the 7 this Sunday. i'm gonna ,miss them so much. I knew this was coming all along. I can't keep the tears back. I'm gonna miss all the crowing. They have made my life so much fun.
    I just need a shoulder to cry on.

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. leadwolf1

leadwolf1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    [​IMG]

Even though it hurts, remember, you are keeping 4 that you can still play with and enjoy. Your little OEGB roo will continue to crow his little heart out for you each and every day!

3. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Thanks. That's exactly what he does. [​IMG]

4. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Roosters have so much personality that the chicken yard just isn't the same when they are sent away. I am sorry you are having to go through that.

5. wildriverswolf90

wildriverswolf90 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2011
    polk county, NC
    :hugs I'm sorry your having to let your babies go. But just know that you gave them a loving home, while you could. Hope you smile again soon. :hugs

6. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Thanks.

7. Im sorry! [​IMG]

8. KrazyKhick

KrazyKhick Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2012
    Oh have I been where you are. It is awful. I let my silkies hatch and I swear all I get are Roos! It helps me to know that I know where they are going, how nice it is, and that some stay together. I would never wish to not get attached though. Face it, it's the whole reason we do this....LOVE!

I find I'm a bit tender raw for a day or two. What helps me is spending a lot of time with the ones I DO have. Hope my shoulder helps...we all know how you feel. [​IMG]

9. my parents do it on purpose!!!!!!!!!!!( ok, maybe not on purpose)
    but they get 100 roosters and " make" me take care of them and they expect me not to get attached then they eat them!!!

10. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    That's what I was thinking too. I'd rather get attatched and lose them than never get attatched at all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by