My babies finally made it! Pic overload :)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by duck&chickencrazy, Apr 27, 2011.

1. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    I had a missed call this morning and there was a voicemail...I listened to the voicemail and it was the post office saying my ducklings had arrived from Holderreads!!!! After working hard for the money for them and waiting for over 5 months I finally got my babies! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I was sooo excited to pick up my ducklings! My bf was laughing at me [​IMG] They were so cute when they were in the box...they kept nibbling on my fingers and sticking their heads out of the box...I sat in the post office parking lot for a little while so I could play with them a little bit lol

They sent 22 ducklings in total. 20 welsh harlequins and 2 extras (which I think are khaki campbells). Out of the 22 one arrived dead. It was a welsh harlequin male. you can see him in the lower left hand side of the first pic. There are 14 males (-1 male so 13 males) and 6 females...o and disregard the date on the pics...the camera is 2 days behind...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A close up!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All of the ducklings together
    [​IMG]

More ducklings!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So lets see everybody elses orders from holderreads!!! What have you gotten so far this year?

edited to fix the correct # of male and females

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Well, they're cute as a button! Congtatulations! I was wondering (I'm a chicken person), are you raising ducks for eggs then too?

3. duck&chickencrazy

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    Quote:Ya and welsh harlequins are my favorite duck breed...they are so pretty as adults! [​IMG]

4. emjay

emjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    I'm confused, I thought the girls had the pinky colored bills and the boys had the dark bills as ducklings?? no, ?? been trying to sex my ducklings and thought I had boys, now I'm not sure.

5. duck&chickencrazy

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    Quote:O shoot...i forgot about it changing when they are adults...well i guess that means i have 13 males and 6 females! [​IMG]

6. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    They are so adorable! [​IMG] I would be over joyed if I had some ducklings come in the mail!

7. duck&chickencrazy

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    Quote:I have been wanting to order from Holderreads for a long time (a couple years) and so I am pretty excited that I was finally able to order and receive some ducklings!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by