My babies first night on their own!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by AmySue, Sep 6, 2010.

1. AmySue

AmySue Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2010
    Cincinnati
    I can't believe the coop (except for a few minor touches) is finished!! [​IMG] My bones ache... I have dealt with about 20 splinters, multiple cuts and scrapes (that darn hardware cloth!!) and a fall off a ladder, but I did it!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] The only help I had was some painting (kids wanted to help) and putting the tar paper/shingles on the roof (DH did that for me). It took 5 1/2 weeks (seems so much longer!) So, tonight my "babies" are spending their first night, locked up tight, in their new home. My DD and I snuck out to check on them, but it was too dark ~ we couldn't see them. I can't wait to see them in the morning!!

I'll post pics of the coop tomorrow. Can't wait to see what ya'll think [​IMG]

2. cfdf

cfdf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I can't wait to see the pics! Hurray for you!! Making your own coop! [​IMG]

3. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Congratulations!! Must get a flashlight so you can spy on them at night. Sleeping chickens are so cute. OR...once your hobby becomes something of an obsession, you can get a nanny-cam for the coop like I did! ($eighty bucks at Wal-mart and HOURS of viewing fun!!).

Can't wait to see the coop pictures!!!

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Sounds great, can't wait to see the pics too! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Congratulations! [​IMG] That is so awesome that you did it mostly by yourself. I'll bet you feel a great sense of satisfaction. I remember that first night, I was up several times checking on them. Looking forward to pics!

6. Lifestyle Lift Journey

Lifestyle Lift Journey Out Of The Brooder

Sep 2, 2010
    You did it!! Fantastic work! Your “babies” must be appreciating your hard work. I'm sure their eggs will taste much better from now on. [​IMG] Pictures would be nice if you can post them. They will encourage me when I build my own coop.

7. mcostas

mcostas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2010
    tag for pics!

8. Quailbuddy

Quailbuddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2010
    Sonoma County CA
    Pictures please [​IMG]

9. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Can't wait to see pictures! That first night is tough, mine was only just about a week ago. It gets easier...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by