My babies making whoopie at 12 weeks old!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by SycolinWoodsChickens, Jul 21, 2010.

1. SycolinWoodsChickens

SycolinWoodsChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Like every mom with her first babies I thought I had a little longer before I had to deal with the birds and the bees. Or is it the 'birds and the birds'? Anyhoo, my female Pekins were enticing my males yesterday in the pool and the males started mounting the females or at least trying to... Our much smaller blue swede male managed to get on the back of one of the Pekins but just stood there looking confused. One of my male Pekins was standing in front of a female and grabbed her neck and would NOT let go. He got a time out from the pool after holding her neck forever but he was not able to figure the rest of it out.[​IMG]

Any idea how to give the birds and the bees talk to ducks?

When will they actually figure it out?

And for cryin' out loud at 12 weeks? I thought this didn't start for another month or more!

Next thing they'll be asking for my car keys and applying to college. I AM NOT READY FOR THIS YET.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. KDOGG331

KDOGG331 Chicken Obsessed

Jan 18, 2008
    Massachusetts
    lol! [​IMG]

3. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

My 12 week Saxony is trying to impress the 8 week old girls. No climbing yet, but he is showing them around.

4. honeydoll

honeydoll Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Stark County, NE Ohio
    12 weeks huh....guess they couldn't wait. [​IMG]

5. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Wow--and I got all bothered today when I noticed my four-month-olds getting on it. Poor little gal--one drake was holding her head down and the other was "practicing" his job on her back. She didn't seem to mind too much though--had her tail turned up in anticipation. Still--I was expecting it to start closer to five months, so I'd have been flabbergasted if it had started at 12 weeks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by