1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My babies - Pic heavy

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by melroseladi, Jun 13, 2011.

1. melroseladi

melroseladi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    Melrose, Florida
    It has been a challenge since I first got my adult guineas, getting them to trust me and know where home is, to adding another hen to the flock, to snakes stealing eggs, but these little guys are worth every bit of the time and trouble.

I love my guineas!

[​IMG]

What mom does, babies do!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope you enjoyed. Thanks for looking.

2. chi-chick

chi-chick Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2011
    Absolutely loved looking at them. We have three babies ourselves, but they were bought- not from one of our possible girls. I can not wait until/if ours deside it is time to set.[​IMG]

3. BritinMO

BritinMO Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    Wonderful photos - thank you for sharing them with us!

4. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    Great pics, and what adorable babies [​IMG] Congrats! Hope they give you far fewer headaches than your adults have!

5. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

sooo cute I like the use of siding to provide a chick guard.

6. damselfish

damselfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    Aww, they are cute! We have some just about that age and I will try to post pics later this week or early next.

Mama looks like she has the curved wattles, even though they're small. My girls have straight wattles, except one who has one of each. It's really interesting to see the variation among guineas, makes it even harder to tell who is who, gender-wise. We have one guy whose name is "Guinea of the Impressive Wattles", and they are impressive, all right.

7. melroseladi

melroseladi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    Melrose, Florida
    Quote:Yes Sophia has dangling, curved wattles, although not as large as the males. My other hen, Lacey, has flat wattles. Can't wait to see pics of your babies. My babies are getting little tails now and doing a lot more of the neck stretch trying to see out of their pen. They are so funny to watch. Yesterday one found a nice green leaf and they all chased around to steal it from him. Mom came over and broke the leaf into a bunch of small pieces so they could all have a bit of it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by