My babies - Pic heavy

melroseladi

Songster
8 Years
Mar 17, 2011
Melrose, Florida
It has been a challenge since I first got my adult guineas, getting them to trust me and know where home is, to adding another hen to the flock, to snakes stealing eggs, but these little guys are worth every bit of the time and trouble.

I love my guineas!

82888_dsc06289.jpg

What mom does, babies do!

82888_dsc06287.jpg

82888_dsc06288.jpg

82888_dsc06292.jpg

82888_dsc06279.jpg

82888_dsc06293.jpg

82888_dsc06300.jpg

82888_dsc06289.jpg

82888_dsc06291.jpg

I hope you enjoyed. Thanks for looking.

Absolutely loved looking at them. We have three babies ourselves, but they were bought- not from one of our possible girls. I can not wait until/if ours deside it is time to set.
love.gif

Great pics, and what adorable babies
smile.png
Congrats! Hope they give you far fewer headaches than your adults have!

Aww, they are cute! We have some just about that age and I will try to post pics later this week or early next.

Mama looks like she has the curved wattles, even though they're small. My girls have straight wattles, except one who has one of each. It's really interesting to see the variation among guineas, makes it even harder to tell who is who, gender-wise. We have one guy whose name is "Guinea of the Impressive Wattles", and they are impressive, all right.

Quote:
Yes Sophia has dangling, curved wattles, although not as large as the males. My other hen, Lacey, has flat wattles. Can't wait to see pics of your babies. My babies are getting little tails now and doing a lot more of the neck stretch trying to see out of their pen. They are so funny to watch. Yesterday one found a nice green leaf and they all chased around to steal it from him. Mom came over and broke the leaf into a bunch of small pieces so they could all have a bit of it.

Back
Top Bottom