My babies put themselves to bed!

MeowCluckBark

Chicken Lickin' Good
8 Years
Mar 28, 2011
Boise, ID
My babies have been at my friends house since Friday (long story I have a thread about it in the diseases, emergencies, etc forum)

She has been letting them enjoy the good weather out in her run while her hens all free-ranged. They just had such a great time on vacation at Auntie Elaine's house. Tonight she called me because they went into the big girls coop and climbed up on top of the big girls nesting box (the really big hens box) and roosted to sleep. They didn't want to leave! She said she was locking it all up for the night as soon as the hens were done preening in the yard and wanted to make sure I was ok with them in there. Her hens have all taken to them and have sort of fosters them while there. They taught them to dig for worms, scratch in the dirt, etc. I miss my babies!!!!!

Aw! So cute! I'd be slightly sad though...
hmm.png

I am a bit sad. I'm not sad they are enjoying themselves out in the country, but I am sad that I am not there to see their firsts.

I read your other post which is crap!!! My dogs are WAY nastier than my chickens...Hope everything smooths over and you get your babies home soon! My girls still sometimes have troubles figuring out where to go.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom