1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My babies survived their first night outside!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Tala, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

My babies stayed outside last night. Yes I worried about them!!

[​IMG]

I gotta finish their run, right now it's an old rabbit hutch with the bottom taken off. I lock them inside at night, and they still have their light.
    They reeeeeeally love being outside, and they seem smart enough to go in the house (with a light in it) on their own I came out to lock the door and they were all inside!

It's supposed to rain/thunderstorm all the rest of this week, so I kinda doubt I'm gonna get much work done on their run [​IMG]

2. Sam The Yam

Sam The Yam Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2009
    Arizona
    Wow, what a nice little hutch. Is that something you made or did you purchase it somewhere?

3. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

it is this doghouse it comes flat in a box and I assembled it. I actually DON'T really recommend it. You have to be pretty handy to assemble it, although it didn't take me very long. My review is first on the lowes page [​IMG]
    It should hold 4 hens pretty comfy.

4. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Nice chickie house!!! Congrats on your lil ones leaving the roost [​IMG] I was so sad when my babies went outside!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by