My babies voices are changing!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by stormylady, Mar 31, 2009.

1. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    I was in the kitchen the other day when someone let out a loud Cackle, kinda startled me for a minute, So I watched to find out who in my little group was growing up, turns out it was one of the California Whites Pullets, anyway as I was watching she let out another peep, peep Cackle! Anyway I think it kinda startled her too cause she shook her head a couple of times really fast and then just stood real steal ...... Like what the heck was that! It was kinda funny, Did anybody elses little chicks act like that when they were growing up and just started cackling? Maybe Im just way into my little chicken kids!? Sandy

2. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I noticed mine too when their voices started changing.

3. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Boy they do some funny things sometimes! tonight one of the Boys came strolling into the living room with the dogs in tow!Just like he was a member of the pack which was appartently alright with the dogs. I had to put a weight on the top of the screen to keep him in the brooder box now since he knows he can just push it out of the way and do his little thing! LOL I just love these guys!

4. amarook

amarook Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    Wellsburg
    When does that usually happen?

5. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    My babies or 8 weeks old today (tuesday) so I would guess between 7 and 8 weeks old, maybe some breeds do it later. Sandy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by