My babies wont stop chirping!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by DUCKGIRL89, Dec 11, 2011.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    I have 7 baby orpingtons in my brooder in my room, I love them to bits! BUT they wont stop chirping! [​IMG] and are driving me nuts! Their even more annoying then my ducklings were! Everytime they see me its "peep peep peep PEEP PEEP!" [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] and my mom is getting mad [​IMG] when can they be put in a heated coop outside? They are a week old on monday...

2. NottinghamChicks

NottinghamChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

When they fully feather out. Until then you get to listen to their sweet little voices [​IMG]

3. heritagebirds

heritagebirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    Maybe get your Mom an early Christmas present, earplugs.

4. the1honeycomb

the1honeycomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Yadkinville NC-3yrs
    I built a broody box inside the heated coop! My babies loved it and the smell and noise didn't keep me awake!!! [​IMG]

I put sire on top of it so the chickens wouldn't sit on it and poop. [​IMG]

When it was time for them to get out of the brooder the hens were not surprised to see them!!!

5. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    But its a heated NON draft coop! Why cant they go out next week [​IMG]?,pppwwweeeaaazzzeeee!?

6. ChirpNEggBaby

ChirpNEggBaby Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2011
    West Central, FL
    Baby chicks need to stay in brooder till they have good wing feathers and little tail feather....you can push them out if they still have fuzz but only on top of their heads.
    The cure...put them OUTSIDE with a light in a brooder cage....protected from weather of course. [​IMG] 1 week old chicks put outside...even in FL, will be dead chicks.

7. CarolinaChickenKeeper

CarolinaChickenKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2011
    Pauline, SC
    Are they warm enough? Mine r n a bathroom, door closed, and fan on. Works pretty good till the food runs out

8. they'reHISchickens

they'reHISchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    Reading
    If they are chirping annoyingly, something is wrong.
    Are they cold or hot? Are they under the light or tryign to keep as far away as possible?
    Do they have food and water?
    Happy chicks are generally pretty quiet.

9. Marcymom3

Marcymom3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Have you tried darkening the room? We had our chicks in a rubbermaid bin in the livingroom. When they heard us talking or the tv they would get really loud. When we were quiet, they were quiet. But when we turned out the light to go to bed, they were quiet and stayed quiet all night long. One time I forgot to plug the heat lamp back in after I cleaned the bin. They definitely made a lot of noise about that!! If they are peeping when they see you it's because you are doing a good job getting them used to you. I think that's wonderful! And it will make it easier later.

I don't know what the weather's like in TN, but here in MD it's getting cold! The waterers had a thin layer of ice. I think you ought to hold off putting them outside till they're feathered.

10. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Forgot to add that their light broke and my mom refuses to get me a new one [​IMG] I heat my room and its really hot in thete. they run out of food REALLY fast! Why though.... I love them so much!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by