My baby boy crowed for the first time!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by greeneggsnham, Jun 23, 2010.

1. greeneggsnham

greeneggsnham Songster

Mar 4, 2010
    Southeast Missouri
    I am so excited. My babies are 14 weeks old and I was wondering if the one bird I knew was a rooster was ever gonna crow. This morning when I went out to let them out for the day he turned to me and cock-a-doodle-dooed! [​IMG] [​IMG] Well it sounded kinda strangled and really wasn't the typical rooster crow but he's working on it. He seemed so proud to do it too. Now all I've heard all day is him practicing his crow and the girls clucking right back. I know not everyone gets excited when their roosters start crowing but I love it. [​IMG]

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Hey, I'm in your court, trust me. I love to listen to mine. And now I have four bantam youngsters 11 weeks old, 3 are roos and two are already practicing their crows. I am dying to hear the 3rd one start.

3. kjhowe77

kjhowe77 Chirping

May 27, 2010
    Broome County, NY
    I know what you mean! I have one that has been crowing for a couple of weeks but is is still in the beginning stages and he only crows in the morning. If he sees me peeking he won't do it though. I was out there this morning making a fake crowing sound too him to see what he would do, and my grandma, who lives next door, was wondering what I was doing. [​IMG]

4. bel

bel Songster

Jan 15, 2010
    East bay
    gotta love that, its so cute to see the little guys crow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by