My Baby Buckeyes

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BuckeyeDave, Aug 1, 2008.

1. BuckeyeDave

BuckeyeDave Overrun with Buckeyes

May 27, 2008
    Minster, Ohio
    My Coop
    One day old.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One week old.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Three weeks old.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Six weeks old.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More pics to come.
    Peace,
    Dave

2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Oh they're pretty [​IMG]

3. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    OH MY!!! They are gorgeous!!

I plan to get some Buckeye eggs as soon as we're moved and I get my new incubator.

4. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    They're beautiful. My dh has two that he claimed from my last hatch. He's named them phobos and demos. It's neat to see how their coloring changes from week to week.

5. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I want some, but i think i'll wait until spring. they are so cute and for me living so close to Warren its important to preserve a rare breed.

6. swampducks

swampducks Overrun With Guineas

Feb 29, 2008
    Barton City, MI
    Nice looking birds and great photography! I tried taking pictures of my 15 new buckeyes but that stupid red lamp messes things up!!! They grow so fast too, only 5 days old and they've got pin feathers! [​IMG]

7. BuckeyeDave

BuckeyeDave Overrun with Buckeyes

May 27, 2008
    Minster, Ohio
    My Coop
    Quote:Why wait!!!! Exactly my thoughts, if I’m going to have chickens I might as well have a very rare heritage breed with an interesting story behind them. And besides, I am a Buckeye.
    Quote:They mature quickly, take as many pics as you can, just cull the pics that aren’t good. They'll be gangly teenagers before you know it.
    Peace,
    Dave

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  8. swampducks

swampducks Overrun With Guineas

Feb 29, 2008
    Barton City, MI
    I turned off the lamp for a minute and took a couple more photos. The coop is on the garage floor and I'm getting too old to lay down for closeup shots, so all my photos are from above. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

They do grow awfully fast, I got them in 2 days and they already had pin feathers. Now at 7 days the wing feathers are an inch long!

9. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I am waiting until spring because if i get day olds or egs they wont lay this year, plus i am still busy with my quail that hatched yesterday and i want to give incubating muscovies another shot. I am a implanted buckeye but my husband is a real one. whereever we lived we would fly the Ohio state flag for every game and before the buckeye / gator game my oldest went to school with a "I am proud to be a gator hater "shirt. Where did you get yours? I only want to get 2-3 of them and i havent seen them around here. Got to check the Rogers auction though.

10. ChickenGirl95

ChickenGirl95 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    New York
    They are so adorable! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by