1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My baby crowed !!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Julie R, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Julie R

Julie R Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2007
    Well in april I went to my local feed store ( big mistake LOL ) they had in the shipment of easter chicks and ducklings and rabbits. Well I told the lady i would like three little girl chicks - no problem she said, grabbed three little chicks along with two ducklings and a rabbit I could not say no to and away home we went.
    Well after many weeks of wondering who or what everyone is I finally was able to tell on the ducks and two of my chicks but the third one was still a puzzle until this morning I went outside early heading to work and was surprised to see my now huge white chicken already awake and crowing !!! I am so happy to finally know he/she is a Roo but now I am still trying to find out what breed !!
    Now the only question I have is where do I set the time on him and does KFC ( my hubby named him) have a snooze button somewhere???

Julie R

2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Well.......where's a picture? Mine are almost 12 weeks and i have one roo i know of....i am wondering when he is going to crow.......i am even trying to teach him.........[​IMG]

3. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    I guess I have a Brown Leghorn Roo, he tried really hard yesterday to crow, like to have scared me to death, I was out in the yard and heard the awfulest sound coming from the coop, lol, it was him. Too cool to hear them for the first time.

4. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    How old?

5. sillygoose4ever

sillygoose4ever Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Wisconsin
    give him some time. it sometimes take roos a while to crow. some are just a little slower than others...

6. aran

aran Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    frankly im hoping mine take ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD before they crow! Even though im on 5+ acres in the middle of farm land Im STILL worried about the neighbours and the noise!

7. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    STILL.......how old is it they might start?

8. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Hey Lurky, Mine is probably about 12-14 weeks old.

9. FamilyOfChickens

FamilyOfChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2007
    Northwest Indiana
    Some of our Americauna/EE roos just started to crow the past few days. It's not very loud (yet), and sounds very funny. [​IMG] They're a little over 3 months old. [​IMG]

10. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Thank you both. I just wondered if we were close......we are [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by