my baby geese just came home today what do i do????

Discussion in 'Geese' started by LarissaBuffMom, Apr 17, 2012.

1. LarissaBuffMom

LarissaBuffMom Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2012
    Flimington Missouri
    i just picked up my baby geese and this is my first time raising them i have chickens but not geese so i am very new to this. my baby's keep crying and i am wondering if this is normal for them to do. they are together so i know that they are not alone .. please help im a worried mommy lol thank you

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    How old are they??? Do they have a way to get water all up to the the top of their bills. Do you have ongoing access to food for them?

Geese are quite "talkative" so don't worry about that.... Just tell me more about your set up please....Oh and if they are very young, they may need some heat... I'll subscribe to this and check back in on how they are doing....

3. Going Bhonkers

Going Bhonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    SW Florida
    How old are they? Mine are 2 weeks old and still cry when I leave or when they can't see me, but eventually they settle down.

4. LarissaBuffMom

LarissaBuffMom Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2012
    Flimington Missouri
    My little ones just hatched today I have a local breeder so we have been waiting for them all month . I know so little about raising them today I cut some green veggies real fine for them to offer with there feed and they have plenty of water . I get so sad when they gry and I wish I could make them happier . Im a big softy lol any thoughts would be very nice. thank you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by