My baby girl having surgery! Prayers Welcome ;)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by roosty, May 20, 2009.

1. roosty

roosty Songster

Jul 3, 2008
    Georgia
    My little baby girl (well, she is 3) is having surgery on the 5th of June. She has a double hernia that has to be repaired. We first noticed it a while back when she had a stomach flu and was vomiting. The force of vomiting kind of forced it out. It was only one at first. The doctor wanted to wait to do the surgery because he said if there is one in that area then there will be two, its just a matter of when. Well, that when came a few weeks ago. Back to the doctor we went and then to another...the surgeon to make plans for surgery. They dont want to wait anymore due to the fact that her intestine could become stuck and that would require emergency surgery. I know that it needs and has to be done but this is my baby. I really just dont want to do it....Its outpatient but that dont really matter....I guess it helps a bit because it dont seem so bad then but its still surgery any way you put it. Im just scared and upset about the whole thing. Anyhow... any prayers for her is welcome...Im sure she will do fine....she is one tough little 3 year old! [​IMG]
    Here is a recent picture of her....its actually at one of her doctor visits.
    [​IMG]

2. Haley_LinckHillPoultry

Haley_LinckHillPoultry Songster

May 10, 2009
    Morris, PA
    Shes a beautiful little girl!
    I'm sure she will pull through just fine. I am sending prayers your way.
    Everything will work out [​IMG]

3. SophieLain127

SophieLain127 Songster

Apr 7, 2009
    Sending you warm fuzzy wishes. I'm sure she will be fine and up causing mischief before you know it.

[​IMG]

4. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Songster

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    Oh my, she is adorable!! My Prayers are with you and your beautiful Daughter. [​IMG]

Lisa [​IMG]

5. chickeypoo

chickeypoo The Enabler

Feb 4, 2007
    Wisconsin
    she's a cutie. and im sure she will be just fine. kids kick back fast [​IMG]

Prayers are still said though:)

Sue

6. beak

beak On vacation

Dec 12, 2008
    Kiowa, Colorado
    Been there done that. Our baby was 4 and had to have dental surgery. They had to use general anesthesia. It's real hard, but at least it's out patient and isn't something that is ongoing. She'll be fine and will enjoy all the extra attention when she gets out. Our thoughts are with you and your baby.

7. ChickyLaura

ChickyLaura The Crazy Chicken Lady

Mar 31, 2009
    Eastern/Central PA
    I will keep her in my prayers. She sure is a beautiful little girl. Inpatient or outpatient, it's still surgery, and it's still stressful. My daughter had to have oral surgery and was only under anesthesia for a few minutes to have a tooth removed, but I was shaking the whole time. [​IMG]

8. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    gorgeous baby girl! she will pull through like a champ i just know it. you all are in my thoughts. [​IMG]

9. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Crowing

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Dont worry you will both be fine. I know how nerve wracking it can be. By the time my son was 3 he had had 4 already and although only one was a big deal they all made me a puddle of emotional jelly.
    Try not to think about it , is the best advice I can give make the plans you need to then keep youre self busy.
    Just a warning though handing youre kid off to the Dr or nurse for sugry is the most painfull thing youll have ever done in youre life so just do it dont linger .

10. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    Isn't it hard when it is our baby? My oldest daughter had a rare bone tumor on her skull and had surgery at 14 months. It was a 50 minute outpatient surgery, and she never was in pain, that I could tell, but it was horrible for us! I will be praying for your little girl! My vet just had the same surgery on Monday! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: