1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My baby holding her baby "kicks"

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Rindee, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Rindee

Rindee Out Of The Brooder

Oct 25, 2007
    I took these this morning. They were so cute I just had to share. I thought maybe some of you would appreciate the sweetness of it all... my baby is 2 and the chicks are almost 3 weeks old.

The little sleepy one in her arms is a white silkie, and the other one is??? I thought it was a White Plymouth Rock, but the feathers coming in are light brown. So maybe it's our buff orphington. Any ideas?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  2. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    So cute! Looks like a buff orp to me!!!

3. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    95% sure its a buff orp. what color are the legs?

4. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Very cute! Especially that first one - priceless!
    JJ

5. Rindee

Oct 25, 2007
    These are our first chicks ever. We had ordered a buff orphington and a white plymouth rock. This one that you see was uniformly yellow with pink legs and beak. The other one (that didn't make it) had some brown throught her down and had some darker coloring on her legs. So I assumed the one with pink legs would be white, and the one with browner-yellow down would be the buff. But now that her feathers are growing in, they are definately light brown.

6. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    She is so sweet. Those are great pictures! I love her crooked little pony tails and her cute grin. The chicks are cute too.

7. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    Very Cute! I would say it is a Buff Orpington too! Here is a picture of one of my Buff Orpingtons. She is 3 weeks old in the 1st picture and 4 weeks old in the 2nd one.

Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Precious! [​IMG]

9. Rindee

Oct 25, 2007
    Yes. As you can tell, it was first thing in the morning. Still in her jammies and with bed hair and all. But, I thought it made it all that much cuter.

10. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    Your lil one is precious, a true chicken lover at heart! The chick is cute too. I think it a buff orp as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by