My Baby is starting High School next year!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr, Jun 5, 2008.

1. ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr

ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Saint Cloud Florida
    My son went through his middle school promotion ceremony yesterday! he is my oldest...I am so excited for him ! [​IMG] Here is the pic from yesterday
    [​IMG]
    This is my Lestat. I really feel like I am too young to have a child going to high school- yesterday I met all his friend's parents, and they were all at least 10 yrs my senior. They kept introducing themselves to MY mom and I had to say, no I am his mom [​IMG] Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that most people think he is my brother!! It just brings my life into perspective... by the time he is 20, I will turn 40 a few months later [​IMG] and my youngest son will be 18.
    I had been thinking when I got remarried that I wanted to have another baby...
    BUT....
    Taking care of this little guy has changed my mind on that one
    [​IMG]
    He was an orphan, given to me by my landlord, I love him to death, but I realized, WHY WOULD I WANT TO START OVER?!?!?!?!?! [​IMG]

Ok, thanx everyone for listening to me drone on and on...just had to get it off my chest!! I am done [​IMG]

2. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Congratulations. Your son is a fine looking young man. Before you know it he'll be off to College!
    Next year I'll have an 8th grader and a Kindergartener ahhhhhhhh

3. Jolyn

Jolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    Brings tears to my eyes just thinking about when my boys go to high school. [​IMG]

I just went to my son's preschool graduation this morning. He's off to Kindergarten this Sept. [​IMG]
    My older son will be in second grade. Where does the time go?

Love the curly hair by the way. My oldest has curls and i hope they stay forever. [​IMG]

4. ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr

Mar 7, 2008
    Saint Cloud Florida
    he gets the curls from me, he used to have curly hair down to his waist when he was younger [​IMG]

5. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Congrats!

I really feel like I am too young to have a child going to high school- yesterday I met all his friend's parents, and they were all at least 10 yrs my senior. They kept introducing themselves to MY mom and I had to say, no I am his mom Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that most people think he is my brother!! It just brings my life into perspective... by the time he is 20, I will turn 40 a few months later and my youngest son will be 18.

You sound just like my parents! [​IMG]

Im the youngest and will be 18 in August. I graduated high school last year and my parents are 38(dad) and 41(mom). My brother will be 20 in August and my sister will be 24 in November! Its funny because my friend's parents are usually in their late 50's,lol.​

6. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    My youngest starts high school next year and her brother will graduate that same year.

Both are attending the high school that their Mother & I graduated from, how weird is that?

7. ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr

Mar 7, 2008
    Saint Cloud Florida
    the truly funny thing is my hubby is only 12 yrs older than my oldest son, 14 yrs older than my youngest hehehehe

8. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I hear ya Z-G!

My oldest son graduated high school in '06. I was 39 and felt like quite the baby in the crowd too. Then I started thinking about when my youngest graduates and I realized that I'll be 53! [​IMG]

BTW, my middle son starts high school in the fall. Can't believe it, he just started Kindergarten. Goes by so fast too.

9. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

If my DS doesn't completely screw up the next few weeks, he'll be in High School next year too...I hope.

Nice looking young man.

10. ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr

Mar 7, 2008
    Saint Cloud Florida
    thanx [​IMG] I wish your's luck!! mine are OUT OF SCHOOL [​IMG]
    No more super early mournings for me!!!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by