my baby is weirding me out...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by agnes_day, Jul 26, 2010.

1. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    ok...my baby francis is so adorable now..he laughs and squeals..hes precious! the thing is, he is always laughing at stuff that isnt there. he will look at the wall, or just over my shoulder and start losing it! why?? none of my kids ever did this so i am just wondering if hes laughing at the top of my head, or if he thinks the wall is really that hilarious.

2. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

DS used to be fascinated by things up near the ceiling... NO idea what was so interesting, but he could just lay there babbling at it for ages.

Of course, when you think about the fact that I'll randomly burst into giggles when I finally 'get it' some hours (or in one case YEARS) after a line was said.... well... guess I can't say much.

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Is he seeing a ghost or a person from the past (ie. a grandmother or love one)??? Sometimes babies and kids see something we dont. That is one wild guess.

I have a nephew who did this, staring at the fan for hours...later dx as austitic....poor thing!

4. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Not to scare you, but i was thinking ghost as well. [​IMG] Children are much more "open" to see things we cant, or just dont want too.

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I have a grand daughter who did the same thing. She is not autistic, and is growing to be an imaginative, self entertaining, intelligent person. Thankfully all of us "human beans" are different. Anything else would be exceedingly boring.

6. leahthor

leahthor Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    Northwestern Alberta
    I'm Irish so the first thing I thought was ghost. My son AND daughter did this, more so my son. My father in law died when he was 1 1/2 years old and for the longest time he would look up and point and laugh. Being Irish, I don't find this at all abnormal, just something that science can't explain yet.

The thing that matters is that he is having a grand old time. Enjoy it. Soon he will yelling and screaming that something or other isn't fair and throwing tantrums.

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Jamie, my son used to CRACK UP at the patterns on my clothes, the way my necklace moved when I laughed, when my glasses were crooked, etc. Though one time, he completely flipped when my glasses were off. He grabbed them and ran at me hollering "PUT THE ON PUT THEM ON PUT THEM ON" [​IMG]

8. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    hilarious!

i guess it would help if he were busting a gut at anything i was doing! although he loves it when i give him a big kiss right on the mouth. [​IMG]

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I bet hes just gonna be a happy-go-lucky type of kid... [​IMG]

10. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    My daughter did this as well. I lived in a haunted house with a friend and her family for a while and my daughter was about a year old. She saw ghosts, children and a couple of others. Once about a year ago when she was nearly 3 she kept giggling and talking to a puppy, I asked her if she saw a puppy and she said yes. she said it was a big brown puppy and it was right there (as she pointed). There have been instances where I showed her a picture of my step father that passed before she was born and she knew who he was as well as my grandmother whom she never met and knew who it was in the photos. Children have not grown out of their ability to acknowledge that which is out of the ordinary. As we age we are told that some things just arent possible and that is how we become immune to the sight. Some people prefer it that way, but I read a book once from Sylvia Brown. She said you can ask a young child around the age of 1-2 if they remember their other mommies or if you were their first mommy (nana, grandma etc) and many times they can answer you with a logical answer. At that age it is said that they can still remember (if they had a past life) what events took place in their past lives. WEIRD I know. But try it you might find something interesting..... also, most likely if he is laughing at the ceiling or whatever, I wouldn't worry, it is probably a passed relative that is just coming to visit while they still can, or even a child that resided in the home before or something like that. As long as he isnt afraid you shouldnt be.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by