my baby muscovies

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by coonhoundmama87, Jan 2, 2013.

1. coonhoundmama87

coonhoundmama87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2011
    Wisconsin
    These little buggers hatched 2 weeks ago just as we got 20in snow! The mama had a nest up on a loft in the barn i didnt know about. As i was trying to figure out how to get them down without getting mauled by mama they found a gap in the boards. They fell about 8ft onto some straw unharmed :) mama none the wiser! They've been doing really well. Had bath time today in the tub and loved it. Now they are fresh and fluffy! [​IMG]

2. PlumTuckered

PlumTuckered Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    Congratulations!! They are adorable :)

Michelle

3. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    CUTE!!! Well, wild muscovy sometimes nest in trees and there are other ducks that do so I guess as long as they have something soft to land on, they will be okay.

At least you were aware of them before they fell. I can only imagine the surprise you would have gotten if you had been in there and it started raining ducklings. LOL

4. coonhoundmama87

coonhoundmama87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Well it was funny i heard peeping so i was searching and couldnt find anything. I was standing in the doorway and looked and just saw a glimpse of yellow up high and couldnt believe my eyes! Thank goodness baby ducks are tough. Its kind of like wood ducks i guess :)

5. Valntyn

Valntyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2012
    Central Maine
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by