My baby pea - boy or girl?

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Trimini, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Trimini

Trimini Just Hatched

Jul 26, 2016
    Chile
    Hello. I am new here and a new peafowl mom. 4 months ago I was gifted a baby pea by an exotic bird breeder (former neighbor). Kevin is my first peafowl and my first bird. I have lots of guidence and I do a lot of research to keep him warm and happy. Today Kevin is four months old. It is winter here in Chile so he still lives in an enclosure that is heated and protected. The attached photos are of him soon after birth, at 1 month of age, then 2, 3, and the last photo is from today, at 4 months. Kevin's mom is an indian blue and dad an indian blue white. He has several white siblings. Can I tell at this age if he is a boy or a girl?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. new 2 pfowl

new 2 pfowl Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2012
    California
    Welcome to BYC and
    [​IMG]

Good news, you will not have to change your pretty boy's name! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. DylansMom

DylansMom RIP 1969-2017

Jan 10, 2014
    PA
    Agreed, Kevin appears to be a boy. A very pretty boy. :)

4. AnimalsRmyLife

AnimalsRmyLife Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2013
    Idaho
    [​IMG] and Welcome to the Peafowl group! Hope you continue to have a wonderful time here! We're glad to have you join us!

I agree with @new 2 pfowl and @DylansMom . You have a beautiful boy there! [​IMG]

5. Trimini

Trimini Just Hatched

Jul 26, 2016
    Chile
    Thank you guys. He is truly wonderful and I am learning something new from him every day. I have a feeling I will be spending a lot of time here. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by