1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

My baby rocks! I am amazed at how fast they are growing!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Thousand Oaks Family, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Thousand Oaks Family

Thousand Oaks Family In the Brooder

Jul 12, 2010
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    When can I let them forage in the backyard for a little bit?

[​IMG]

2. Tomhusker

Tomhusker Songster

May 28, 2010
    Hamburg, Iowa
    My BR's have grown up fast too. Now they look like chickens, all pretty and such. But they still make baby chicken noises most of the time.

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I took mine out for short "day trips" in their second week. The time spent outdoors, protected and corraled, increased over time.

4. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Songster

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    Awww, so cute!!! They grow so fast and but I think you're going to love them even more when they're big. My rocks are the sweetest girls. They run up tp the fence every time I come outside and jump in my lap when I let them free range. They even like when I carry them around on their backs like little babies. [​IMG]

5. AKsmama

AKsmama Songster

Jun 20, 2010
    South Carolina
    As long as it's warm enough, you can take them out now, but they cannot be left alone and unprotected. Pretty much anything can carry them off while they are babies, including crows, hawks, and bluejays. Mine are just now two weeks old and I converted an old fish trap into a makeshift chicken tractor and they've been playing in that for a few hours a day since this past weekend. They have a great time- once they figure out what to do. Make sure they have access to their water the entire time too. Have fun and take pictures.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by