My baby runner pair is here!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by redbugs13, Apr 1, 2009.

1. redbugs13

redbugs13 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2009
    Southwest Washington
    I ordered a pair of fawn and white runners from the local feed store. And DH is on his way to pick them up!!! Im so excited! They are the final addition to my flock... (Im already 4 over maximum capacity according to DH!!!) I have 6 chicks and 4 ducklings... I was told I could have 4 chicks and 2 ducklings.... He spoils me so [​IMG]

2. FourSnyders

FourSnyders Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Yay ducklings! I am so excited for you! Ducks are the greatest, ya gotta love 'em!

The Snyders

3. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  4. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    Your dh is just like mine, I am over my limit too but it is also my dh that goes to pick them up. Funny isn't it! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:hehehe congrats..oh I know about that capacity stretching...mine said 6 chickens never mentioned ducks .... I have 30 chickens and 10 ducklings ordered. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  6. Doshimom

Doshimom New Egg

Dec 28, 2008
    Shelton WA
    Congrats on your fawn & runner duck pair!!! This is the first year we've 'done' poultry and DH found a reference to 'snarfeling' in the 4 Season Gardening book, so we ordered the minimum (15) runner ducks (plus our chickens).

We now have 14 runner ducks (approx. 4 weeks old). They're AWESOME. Way more fun than our 4 week old chickens. Cute & funny just doesn't even begin to describe it!

Although, the chickens are a LOT more funny to watch when they have a couple of worms to devour!

7. fowlmood

fowlmood Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2009
    northern Michigan
    Congrats on your runners!!! I love my pair. They really do have a lot of personality. As far as being over the limit thing----join the club![​IMG]

8. Errrrrh! You guys are so enabeling! [​IMG] I have to admit I have been fighting the urge for months to go buy practically every other duck I see on Craig's List, or to make a hatchery order. I just can't have too many ducks in my backyard. If I get more I at least have to be sure they are ones I will want to keep, or will be easy to sell. I'm having such a hard time parting with my freeloading drakes, but their breeding season obnoxiousness is giving me a good push, I've actually got them up on Craig's List now. [​IMG]

9. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:i agree! where are the pictures?!?

congrats one the new babies!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by