My baby silkie is sick :(

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AlanYork12, Jan 6, 2017.

1. AlanYork12

AlanYork12 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 6, 2017
    [​IMG] My baby silkie has been sick for 3 days and we have no idea what to give him. His head is down, his wings are down by his feet and he doesn't run much unless the mom calls him over to eat. What do I give him? Please help

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You don't mention your location. Maybe he is too cold. Is he inside or out? Not all mama's care for their babies and help keep them warm. In 3 days, he could have died. Is he in with other chicks to cuddle with? Does he eat & drink normally? Is he pooping? Sometimes chicks get poop pasting up their butts and cannot poo till it is cleaned away etc. I think he is too cold and /or other chicks /birds are bullying him - so he stays by himself.

You can also post on the" emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures," thread but if you go online, they cannot reach you to offer advice.

3. AlanYork12

Jan 6, 2017
    He's currently inside. We leave him outside with his mom and 10 other chicks. I live in Arizona and the temp here doesn't get to cold here. He sticks with other chicks sometimes and we have a heatlamp in the coop but he never likes to go near it. He eats and drinks normally and he poops fine. We're going to keep him inside with his mom and the other chicks now. Thanks for the advice

4. AlanYork12

Jan 6, 2017
    And I didn't know where the thread is, I'm new here so I decided to post here. Sorry if that bothered you

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us. I'm 100% sure that D/Diva was not suggesting that your post is inappropriate for this forum, she was merely pointing you in the right direction where you will get the best advice - the link is here - https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/threads/add/forumId/10

For the time-being, pending advice on the ER forum, I'd give vitamin supplements / electrolytes in their drinking water.

Good luck
    CT

6. N F C

N F C Happy T-Day! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Sorry your little guy isn't doing well. I hope you can get some answers on the emergencies thread CTKen gave you the link to.

Best wishes!

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and welcome to BYC! Hope your Silkie gets better soon!

8. AlanYork12

Jan 6, 2017
    Will do! Thanks for the advice

9. AlanYork12

Jan 6, 2017
    Thanks! She's doing well now

10. AlanYork12

Jan 6, 2017
    She's doing well now! Thanks