My baby silkies finally here (pics)

JD

Songster
12 Years
Sep 10, 2008
Tennessee
First let me say I'm so sorry for the other poster's that's had some bad luck, I feel for you. I've had a hard time also with my babies. They were due on the 27th. Kept temp steady at 99.5 and humidity at the dry rate down to 23 to 30 before adding water and up to 45 and 61 at hatch. But I had to intervene around midnight last night on 5 and one in the bator still that I popped a breathing hole at the large end. He is still taking his time and I do have him rapped in a moist wash cloth. I will leave him alone for tonight and hopefully he/she will come out on its own by tomorrow. This is the oddest thing tho. I mated two white silkies and two of them looks blueish. Is that unsual or are my silkies throwing something out from the past? See pic from parents and chics and tell me what you think. Thanks, Jodi
Here's mom and pop:
img545.jpg

The babies:
IMG_0247Small.jpg

IMG_0248Small.jpg

MyNewBabySilkies12-28-091.jpg

I love him to death, he was a blue ribbon winner at the fair this past year and I paid $20 for him. I just don't understand where these blueish chick are coming from. Is this a trait of mix breeding on rooster's or hen side?

Back
Top Bottom