My backyard chickens w/pics

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by rob.s, Jul 10, 2010.

1. rob.s

rob.s Out Of The Brooder

Jul 6, 2010
    Hello from Chicago!! Here's some pics of my chickens...I got into chicken keeping be accident..My dog,Lucas found these 2 in front of my place and i was looking for a home for them..After 2 weeks went by ,i decided too keep them..I started too build a chicken tractor for them and hope too get it do by this weekend..For now they roam the backyard and sleep on the back porch..A few weeks ago i pickup 2 more chickens,LOL!!..I glad i found this site a few days ago!! I still have much too learn!!!

Here are some pics.
  2. laceynoelle

laceynoelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Aww cute! I love the delawares and RIRs. And my dog looks like yours. Shes a border collie x
  3. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

That is just fabulous! Great job! Hey, Welcome to BYC! Glad you found us!

rob.s :

4. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Gosh I love your little chicken house!
  5. trunkman

trunkman Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2009
    Rock Hill SC
    Love the dog pic!! [​IMG]
  6. burquechick

burquechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2008
    Welcome to the BYC!! I think that's a golden sex link though, not an RIR... Anywho, they are very pretty!!
  7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    You have a Delaware Rooster, and a RIR Roo and EE pullet and a BR pullet!
    Very nice birds!
  8. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

The chick on the right of the top picture looks almost excactly like my RIR Red sex links mix actually! [​IMG] Oh and [​IMG]... i'm new here to so... I guess we both need it [​IMG] Hope you like your chickens [​IMG]
  9. Pet Duck Boy

Pet Duck Boy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    The RIR is a production red which is just a lower quality RIR with leghorn/New Hampshire Red in it's bloodline. They are just lighter in color and don't have the size and brick shape of a pure Rhode island. I agree it looks rooish, though.
  10. EE lover:)

EE lover:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    North Carolina
    great pics! [​IMG] that dog ones just... WOW. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by