My Bantam Orpingtons - **pic heavy**

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by glowworm, Jan 30, 2010.

1. glowworm

glowworm Songster

Jun 10, 2008
    SacraTomato, CA
    Would like to share pictures of my gorgeous blue and black bantam orpingtons. (pics taken in December). I currently have blue two roosters, two months apart in age, ranging from 8-10 months old right now. I already culled several roosters and kept these two. I also have two 9 month old pullets that have been laying for a few months, they are very good layers and average 6 eggs each a week even with dark rainy weather. They are not related to the roosters. I also have 3 up and coming young pullets (1 blue, 2 black) not currently laying, they are from the same breeder as the younger rooster. Please enjoy all the pics and please PM me too if you are interested in eggs - I might want to send out some test eggs to see what they produce.

My older blue pullet
    [​IMG]

the 2 laying girls together
    [​IMG]

my laying black pullet
    [​IMG]

my older blue boy
    [​IMG]

younger blue boy
    [​IMG]

one of my up and coming young girls
    [​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap

[​IMG] So pretty!!! That black roo really shines. I love roosters - they are so gorgeous.

3. jmhappycowboy

jmhappycowboy The Egg Wrangler

Dec 13, 2007
    Philadelphia, MS
    Elise are any of those from the eggs you got from me last year? They are all pretty birds. I really like that first Blue Rooster.

4. glowworm

glowworm Songster

Jun 10, 2008
    SacraTomato, CA
    Jim- good eye, the first rooster is from you! I got no pullets from your eggs, I had one or two roosters from you that I sold in the fall.

5. jmhappycowboy

jmhappycowboy The Egg Wrangler

Dec 13, 2007
    Philadelphia, MS
    Quote:LOL, I kinda thought he was from here he looks like his daddy. Sorry you didn't get any pullets how many do ya need me to ship you? I've got a box all ready and can put about 3 in it. [​IMG] Oh and I have Blue, Black and even 1 Splash so can send ya all 3 colors. [​IMG] I just shipped out 4 black hens and a black rooster and have about 10 more to go to get my flock down to where I want them.

6. glowworm

glowworm Songster

Jun 10, 2008
    SacraTomato, CA
    Jim, I have more than enough chickens, lol. Two of the younger pullets starting laying today as well so I have 4 orps laying. I have some cute 3 month old mixes that 2 of my regenade easter eggers created (one of the hens i got from you! she is a master at making hideaway nests) that I need to get rid of because I can only have so many chickens.

7. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Songster

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    oooh, i have some coming from chickenzoo this week and i'm hoping to work them into breeding some colors into my bantam brahmas and favs. she said they were part of Jim's lines so now i may have to look for some unrelated roos and hens.

your's are beautiful! i can't wait to see mine hatch and grow up now! [​IMG]

Debi, i'm the same way with roos, they are so pretty and can be so hard to find homes for that you just fall in love with those that have a lovely personality! (i currently have 4 boys-3 in my coop and one is a house pet bantam polish who crows on my schedule! [​IMG] ) i just can't bear to part with them!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  8. RAWR

RAWR Songster

May 26, 2009
    who wants to know?
    beautiful!! [​IMG]

9. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

oh my word, how gorgeous they are! [​IMG]

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

They are so stinkin' cute!