My bantam won't lay

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Crazy4Fowl, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Crazy4Fowl

Crazy4Fowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2014
    My duck coop
    I have had a Mille Fluer bantam chicken that is 8 months old. She is very friendly and loves to be with us. We relocated her from Nh to FL where it's warm. I am wondering if the driving down (yes we drove down with a chicken) would disrupt her laying. The only problem is she doesn't lay eggs. We don't know is she was laying eggs in Nh or not. We know she isn't laying them somewhere else where we can't find them. Do mille fluer chickens lay unfertilized/eating eggs? We know if she laid an egg it wouldn't be to big... Thanks Crazy4Fowl

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  2. Folly's place

Folly's place Chicken Obsessed

Sep 13, 2011
    southern Michigan
    She needs to be confined, not free range, until the nest box looks like the best spot to her for her eggs. It's very likely that she isn't yet laying eggs; some pullets don't start until they are even older. You will know for sure if she has no other place to hide eggs. All hens lay eggs regardless of the presence of a rooster. If she has a health problem, that's another issue. Mary

3. Crazy4Fowl

Crazy4Fowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2014
    My duck coop
    Sorry! I just realized that I meant to to say. "We know she" isn't" laying them somewhere else. So if you know that answer that would be good.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by