1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My bantam's are hatching!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chicksinthemachine, Sep 15, 2008.

1. chicksinthemachine

chicksinthemachine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Henley,MO
    Yeah! 2 out and 2 to go 1 of them is pipping and should be here soon. Gotta a cochin? Are they born with feathers on their feet or does that happen later? Because I have 2 conchins and was wondering.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Some of mine are mixed with cochin. I believe they all had some feathers on their legs to start, but it seems like they have more the bigger they get. Not sure if this is the same for pure cochins, but that is how mine are going.

3. chicksinthemachine

Jul 8, 2008
    Henley,MO
    Just noticed that 2 have the feathered feet so I'm going with cochins on 2 and a misc. banty one more in the bator!

4. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    All my cochins have had fuzzy feet when they hatch. Then they feather in over that.

5. chicksinthemachine

Jul 8, 2008
    Henley,MO
    3 out and 1 pipping and that hatch is done I can't wait to see the little guy.

6. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    If they don't have feathered feet when hatched....they aren't cochins!!

7. chicksinthemachine

Jul 8, 2008
    Henley,MO
    Well the fourth one was a dud that totally exploded in my face really it was awful! But I have one black cochin and one blue one and one I'm not sure will have to post pics later once they are totally dry. They are beautiful babies![​IMG] [​IMG]

8. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by