My Barnevelders hatched

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Ewe Mama2, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Ewe Mama2

Ewe Mama2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Northeastern Ohio
    I had everything going against me for this hatch - total ignorance about incubating/hatching/raising chicks, and I used eggs shipped from Arkansas (We live in NE Ohio.) Through God's grace we had a perfect hatch 13 out of 13 beautiful Barnevelder chicks started making their enterances into the world at 3:30 Thursday morning and the final chick hatched at about 7:00 this morning.

I am trying to add pictures of the chicks, but don't know if I can figure this out.

I credit BYC members for their help in bringing these little babies into the world. Thank you so much for your help/wisdom/encouragement/and support. You are great!

Amy

OK can't figure this picture thing out yet...directions please!

2. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
  3. Ewe Mama2

Mar 26, 2009
    Northeastern Ohio
    Thanks for the directions, Steffpeck! Now let's give this a whirl!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. NancyP

NancyP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Bonifay,Florida
    They are so cute. Congrats and enjoy the fuzzy stage.

5. michiganlarry

michiganlarry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2009
    Marine City, Michigan
    Congrads! [​IMG] This place is great. I am so grateful for all the information and help provided by the people on here.

It's really nice to see that success with shipped eggs. I, being a newbie, ordered eggs from two sources. Both are quite a ways from Michigan. Hope my 1st hatch is similar to yours.

6. Nostalchic

Nostalchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey Amy, congrats on your hatching success! Where did you get your Barnevelder eggs? How was that experience? I'm thinking of trying to put together a little Barnevelder flock, but they seem difficult to come by! Thanks, Chris

7. bigredfeather

bigredfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Yorkshire, Ohio
    Quote:If you look on ebay, there is a seller from Arkansas that has had a few Barnevelder egg actions a week for the past couple of weeks, along with a few different sellers. Just search "Barnevelder Hatching Eggs". I am wanting to get some as well. I'm just waiting to pull the trigger. The winning bid for six eggs has ranged from $10-$35.

ETA: I checked the seller of the eggs on ebay. I bought some Welsummer eggs from her. She is a great seller.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  8. Ewe Mama2

Mar 26, 2009
    Northeastern Ohio
    Hi Chris -

I ordered my eggs through mypetchicken.com. The order was filled through Julie Gabbard in West Fork, Arkansas. They have a website: www.gabbardhatchingeggs.com I was very impressed. Good luck! [​IMG]

9. bigredfeather

bigredfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Yorkshire, Ohio
    Quote:She is the one selling the eggs on ebay. Her seller name is Julie3810. Like I said, great seller.

10. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    CUTE!!! They look just like mine. LOL!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by