My barred rock Gertrude begging for some real juicy goodies!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by GwenReaper, Jul 5, 2010.

1. GwenReaper

GwenReaper Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I have some bricks down around my yard so that I can flip them and get the chickens yummy treats consisting of grubs, crickets and giant earthworms. My barred rock is really smart. When she sees me flipping the bricks she knows its snack time. She runs to the side of the coop and waits!! She sees me pull out this earthworm the size of a snake and is ready to get it before anyone else notices it! I hang it in front of her and thats all her mind was on! It was so funny. Look how intense she is staring at this worm!!!

[​IMG]

2. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
    Looks like fun !!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    hahaha If she could speak eglish she would be saying "Hey, give it up already before those other chickens see it...quick gimme gimme"

4. FowlLanguage

FowlLanguage Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2010
    Anchorage, AK
    Quote:'eglish?' Hmm... I like that. I will, from this moment forth, refer to chicken talk as 'Egglish!'

Pretty hen- it looks like it is about to burst through through that chicken wire if she doesn't get that worm!

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    oops forgot the other g didn't I. yes egglish [​IMG]

6. GwenReaper

GwenReaper Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I would have to say that my barred rock is probably one of the most outgoing chickens I have. I love them all but gertie is just so sweet, but demanding at the same time!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by