my barred rock laying white eggs

pinkwindsong

Songster
8 Years
Mar 18, 2011
Laurens SC
hi all
I have 3 barred rock hens, one has always looked a bit different she holds her tail taller and straighter where the other girls curl their tails a bit. she has a just slightly larger comb ( single) she started squatting for me 2 weeks ago and shortly after I started getting two white eggs a day the white leghorn and hers... the other two hens are squatting but no eggs yet. they hatched out march 17th 2011 ( the white leghorn.. no squatting at all) my dark Brahmas dont seam to have any interest in laying yet either,. they are all the same age, within a day of each other.
jumpy.gif

Jett also has white ear lobes where the other two br hens have red earlobes.. is she just special or is this normal barred rock..
idunno.gif

i thought for the longest that she must be a boy.. hence the name change from Joan Jet.. to Jett Lee,,
gig.gif

but then the squatting started and now the white eggs..
hu.gif

love her though sweet and smart sooo smart..

I'm not complaining she turned out to be a girl just confused on the color of her eggs.

well a barred Holland.. yup looked them up looks just like her. the tail set, the face and head. body style... Ill do a lot more checking in to this breed. and maybe I can set up a program since they are considered critical Ill post a pic pf her tomorrow..
frow.gif

I have a RIR that layed brown eggs forever. Then all the sudden the eggs are white & to this day there still white. Guess she ran out of paint.

Back
Top Bottom