My Barred Rocks 4wks old hens????????

Jadenrosesmom

Chirping
Sep 9, 2017
As my chicks are getting older I think I may have lucked out and got all 6 females but can you tell at all from these pictures? They are 4weeks today.
chicks1.jpg
chicks2.jpg

You may have gotten lucky. There isn't a lot of detail in the photos, but what I see looks good. Dark legs, no red in the combs, and all are the same color. They are feathered nicely. At this point, the cockerels would likely start to look lighter than the pullets.

You may have gotten lucky. There isn't a lot of detail in the photos, but what I see looks good. Dark legs, no red in the combs, and all are the same color. They are feathered nicely. At this point, the cockerels would likely start to look lighter than the pullets.
I'm hoping I would be able to see a cockerel by now. I do have 2 with light feet but all have dark legs. Everyone's combs seem to be about the same size. I will try to get better pictures in awhile

Hmmmm I do see that 2 of them are getting red at the base of their combs

Back
Top Bottom