My beautiful babies!!!! Img HEAVY

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by luvmychicknkids, Jul 6, 2008.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Just took the babies outside for a bit. Yes, I NEED to mow, BADDDDDD!!!! Just try to ignore that. [​IMG] So, Goatkeepers, are they as cute as you hoped? [​IMG] Won't be long 'til yours get here!!! [​IMG]

First: I am assuming this little beauty is a Splash BLRW...much lighter than the others and not so much the chipmunk look.

[​IMG]

Next are some pics of the other 3 BLRW.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next is my BTWJ...her name is Kawaii which is Japanese for cute (thanks PBJmaker for the naming help)

[​IMG]

Next is Dexter the EE...he got his name because of his ADORABLE black glasses!!!

[​IMG]

And last a pic of Dexter and Kawaii

[​IMG]

2. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    That EE looks just like Enviro's Fatima!
    Cute pics!!! [​IMG]

3. robinaggie

robinaggie Flew the Coop

May 25, 2008
    Texas
    Dexter is tooooooooo cute! They're all beautiful. [​IMG]

4. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Mow grass?? I thought that's what the chickens were for!! Beautiful babies.They look happy. Enjoy...[​IMG]

5. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    VERY CUTE BABIES!

6. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Thanks, guys. [​IMG] They are pretty sweet. [​IMG] Yes, I need to train them to do the grass Like they should! LOL [​IMG]

7. goatkeepers

goatkeepers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Mooresville, NC
    Oh my gosh. [​IMG] They are all soooo adorable! I looove how the BLRWs have that marbled look on their head. [​IMG]
    Dexter sure is a beautiful chick! Do you think he's a roo? I love his stunning colors.
    I hope looking at your pics will hold me over for a while, thanks!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Cute chicks! [​IMG]

9. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Hmm your blrw look different than mine. My 2 are all darker, with a much more defined stripe. Wonder why? I had one that was lighter than the other which I thought was a splash, but not near as light as that one of yours. Now I'm wondering if I have a blue and a black.

My other blrws (from the same people you got yours from) came out of the turner last night. Got 7 of them going into day 19 as well as 4 of bugladyleah's cochins.

10. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I have assumed since the day they hatched that I have 3 light and 1 splash. Maybe you have two dark and the other one was light? The one I am assuming is splash has all the same markings as the other chicks, everything is just really pale. I am anxious to see what your new ones look like. Bugladyleah is who I got Dexter and Kawaii from. [​IMG]

Actually, goatkeepers, if I had to guess I would say Dexter is female. [​IMG] S/He is feathering out pretty fast and the comb is really narrow....since it is a pea comb I am assuming that means girl. So, I suppose a name change is in the future. LOL

Last edited: Jul 7, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by