My beautiful Cayugas

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by bayyjayy, Oct 22, 2011.

1. bayyjayy

bayyjayy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    I just can't get over how gorgeous my babies are, so I just have to share. The boys are SO green and my girl has a lot more blue and purple in her. I just love them!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see a lot of the blue and purple in this picture:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And just for fun, you can really see the green sheen of one of my Anconas here, plus how green my Cayugas face is:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    They are beautiful. where did you get your cayugas from?

3. bayyjayy

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    Cal Ranch....a local feed store. Nothing special, but they turned out really gorgeous. Plus, they are just fun little pets, though they are RUDE when you are trying to give them peas....they make us laugh!

4. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:Their coloring on the blk is so pretty. I thought maybe they came from Holderreads.

5. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    I hatched a Cayuga from eggs gotten from someone here on BYC. I believe they show theirs. Before I hatched those eggs I had only hatchery quality and was not impressed.
    My, oh, my, what the difference can be! Like yours, they have all those beautiful colors glistening from the feathers. We fell completely head over heels in love with the breed!

6. bayyjayy

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    When I got these guys, before they colored out, I saw some GORGEOUS ones on this forum and was reallllly disappointed that I couldn't wait and get some from a good place and not just a local feed store. Since they have gotten their colors, I am wayyyy impressed! I need to figure out how to seperate one of the males and my females so I can get some pure babies from her.

7. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:well thats where hubby comes in more coops and runs for breeding purposes. [​IMG]

8. jbourget

jbourget Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    CT
    nice cayugas! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by