My beloved chick disappeared!

chick cheap

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 5, 2013
I just took my two red broiler chicks outside and left them there for five minutes. When I came back I found one chick hiding in a corner and I couldn't find the other one. I searched everywhere but i cant find her. It could have been an eagle but i dont want to know that she's actually gone!
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

I really loved her and dont know what to do. I hope she isnt gone forever!

Oh, I'm sorry :hugs
Little ones are so vulnerable. This has happened to me before, left them alone for 5 minutes, came back and someone was gone :(
Nikki

We have a lot of hawks (of various types) and a few owls in my neighborhood, not to mention the coyotes and stray cats. My coop will be fully enclosed. I've never seen a coyote come over my wall before, but I bet chickens would be a temptation.
Sorry you lost a little one
hit.gif

That sucks, sorry to hear that happened. I hope my coop is secure enough to keep my two labs and my cat out, if so my dogs will keep other predators away. Made my coop with detachable wheels so they can be semi free range. Between the hawks, owls, and dogs true free range will be near impossible.

I free range .. real free range nothing is killed when they are out unless its from a bird I only lost one to that .. my three dogs keep other animals away and I have pretty big roos that attack anything that is trying to hurt the hens .. one attack my big dog because he though he was trying to hirt a hen .. he was trying to eat it though lol .. so you can do real free range .. I live in Canada we have a lot of animals looking for a meal .. I have foxes coyotes, eagles that live acrossed the river from me hawks around my house .. I saw a hawk try to take one of my biggest hens and she was to heavy for the hawk to left lol .. oh and there are snakes but they can't do much damage unless they can catch a chick .. there are other small animals but my chickens handle those and for stray cats my roos always chase my cats away so they prob will with stray cats

My dogs just worry me, they eat the pigoens from across the road when the hawks knock em down in the yard and they brought a guinea hen home from up the road not long ago and ate it. Hoping a rooster will curb their penchant for fowl so will make sure the birds are all good size before I try.

Back
Top Bottom