My best broody.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by pgpoultry, May 21, 2011.

1. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    My best broody....huge, patient, and an altogether lovely mum to 9 assorted chicks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Broody 6 times already at the age of 20 months.

2. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    AWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that chick on her back in the first picture? [​IMG]

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Course she's your best broody. She's a brahma! (Says the non-broody brahmas owner [​IMG] )

BTW, I happen to speak brahma fluently and in that first pic, she's telling you "come one step closer to my baby, I rip your face off" [​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2011
  4. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    This girl is both a super mum and super friendly, thankfully....though she does look like an eagle!

She went broody on the dog's bed (her usual laying place) and was happy with being moved. She hatched 4 chicks with the other 5 coming from the incubator. All I did was place the chicks in front of her. She stood up, spread her wings, under they went....adopted. She made a loud "Whooooooo...oooo" sound as if to say "Any more?"
    [​IMG]

Mrs Grey broody and asleep with her head in a dish of corn on the dog's bed.
    [​IMG]

Mrs G sharing porridge.

This hen is super docile

Her daughter, Little grey has just gone broody, too. On the dog's bed, seen here with her best buddy and next best friend holding a discussion on the length of time left before her eggs hatch.
    [​IMG]

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Cute pics! [​IMG]

6. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    I like their hen savers. I just received some in the mail. I am going to put them on the girls once the mud dries up since it just rained here Texas. [​IMG]

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Now that is a good looking hen! Very striking feather pattern.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by