My best Christmas Prezzi

Discussion in 'Ostriches, Emu, Rheas' started by Calla, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Calla

Calla Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2012
    England UK
    HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL !
    Jasmine, just 18 months old laid her 1st Egg this morning, 25. very pleased and really surprised....no wonder, she was so full of beans last few days lol.carefully covered in a pile of Hay, and always wants a hug.

Calla

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

3. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

Congrats!

4. Tame Emu Guy

Tame Emu Guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jasmine has remarkable colouring. I like it.

Supreme Emu

5. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Beautiful girl!

6. Tame Emu Guy

Just in passing:

the pet birds that I see photographed are, in general, really handsome creatures. E.H.'s and Sheriff's and Calla's and Raptor's all come immediately to mind. I love watching the wild birds, and although some are equally handsome (especially the young ones), some are rather tatty looking -- 'operational' wa ha ha.

You have every right to be proud of them.

(The chicks sometimes look quite natty. At other times, they look like they slept in a ditch -- especially on rainy days.)

Supreme Emu

7. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

Mine like to roll in mud puddles....

8. Calla

Nov 6, 2012
    England UK
    Mine do too. Don't they love them !! untill I graveled all mud puddles and path to their houses, lol so they not bring it in their homes and make the beds muddy and wet....and only poo in one corner. We have long nights here just now.
    They love the dried leaves from my orchards I raked up and dried in autumn....topped with hay, looked very pleased, and mess about with them, till all area was covered neatly.... I watched them doing it, so nice to see them making their own beds... lol
    Calla

New Daddy, Dori, at least.....1st egg ..... waiting for Jasmine..lol

[​IMG]

9. Tame Emu Guy

Poo in one corner? You're pulling my leg! You managed to teach them to poo in one corner?

Wow . . . wish I could manage that!

Supreme Emu

10. Calla

Nov 6, 2012
    England UK
    S.E. I am NOT pulling your leg, ( for one, you are too far away lol ) they were trained from 5 days old, they always went in farthest corner 6 ft run away from their eating / sleeping place after their dinners. The never forgot, seems they are almost human and sooo intelligent.
    Rosie and Zeppi, the eldeat pair, face each other in bed and poo at either end in corners, never in hay bed. Clever Babies / Pets..
    Calla

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by