my best friend is a flake

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chickensducks&agoose, Dec 3, 2010.

1. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

She flies in and out of romances, cheats and is kind of shallow. essentially, she's the exact same person as she was when I met her, 15 years ago... and then, I wasn't much different. Anyway, she's got a new BF, (who I think is way too cute to be a nice person, and he seems like a bad choice) and he also refuses to meet me... which is strange. On her end, she's planning their wedding, and the babies they're going to have... ugh. anyway, apparently yesterday, he told her that he won't come over to her place anymore because he hates her CAT. and can't be around it without wanting to kill it... Um... warning sign? so she called me in tears this morning, asking if I can take her cat.... and my DH is due home from afghanistan in a week... and he's not a huge cat lover either... I told her I'd take it on a trial basis, mostly because I'm sure the BF will dump her soon... what do y'all think?

ps. It's a savannah cat... anyone have one of those?

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Previously DuckLady! Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    She needs to run. He is a controller and probable abuser.

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Sounds like her "boyfriend" is just trying to think of reasons to ditch her. Don't take her cat. It's not your responsibility to try and fix her relationship problems......Don't be her crutch. This guy sounds like a total jerk.

4. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    ditto.. dont take the cat, its not your problem.

5. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Tell her you can't take the cat. Hopefully that will speed up his dumping her, thus getting him out of her life ASAP.

6. chickensducks&agoose

the thing is, if I take her cat, i'm happy to give him back after the BF doesn't work out.... she has other options, but not for a temporary thing... the other people would take and keep the cat forever... i don't want her to be dumped, and still not get her cat back... i don't know... the cat has never been around kids, and I've got 3 little ones, and so it might not even work out. I'm real concerned that this guy is a bad dude... but I just hope he'll move on and I can return the cat before my DH squashes it...

7. NellaBean

NellaBean Graceland Farms

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    I'd let it go to one of the "permanent" options. If she is fickle enough to get rid of the cat because her newest boy toy disapproves, who is to say she won't do the same thing on the "next one". Maybe losing her cat and then also losing her man (eventually) will teach her a lesson.

8. kcsunshine

kcsunshine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Maryville, Tennessee
    Be glad she doesn't have a child he doesn't like. Sounds like she needs professional help.

9. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    Quote:X2!!!

10. chickensducks&agoose

her cat cost her over a thousand dollars, some sort of boutique breed... so i just feel bad for her... and oh boy do i hope she doesn't get pregnant by this guy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by