My best pet!

joschick14

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 15, 2014
Chickens are special pets for me, actually I love all kinds of birds, but the one that will stay with us are the chickens. Because they are domestics pet and stay around without leaving its place. Since childhood days, I already love chicken and I started raising them when I was still in high school. Chickens are fun to look to, especially their colorful feathers and rounded form body. watching them at the backyard gives me a sense of Joy, especially picking up their eggs everyday. I prefer to raise more hens than rooster, because hens lay eggs everyday and they are fun to look into, because of their nice bouncy feathers! My chickens are the first creatures who meet me upon reaching home. Seldom we kill chicken for meat, and we usually buy the poultry meat. I love giving some chickens to my friends and relatives. At times I sell them to chicken buyers especially the rooster.

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC. Chickens do make great pets. There is a very good thread called "People with house chickens" Due to county and HOA restrictions many people are keeping some as house pets. Chickens have also been used as therapy animals,

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Chickens do make great pets. We do get the benefit of eggs and sometimes meat from ours, but we occasionally become so attached to some of them, that we continue to keep them long after they have stopped laying. And I agree with you that hens are better pets than roosters. We currently have 25 hens and no roosters, and we enjoy not having the aggression, fights, and crowing in the middle of the night that usually goes along with having roosters. Some of our hens, particularly our Black Australorps and Buff Orpingtons have become real lap pets. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of chickens do you have?

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help.
smile.png

Yes, chickens do make excellent pets.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Chickens really do make great pets!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

You don't need a rooster to get eggs. And your hens, being pets, will be much happier without a rooster bothering them. I don't keep roosters. They can be way more work than they are worth.

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourslef at home and we are here to help.

Yes chickens are such great pets!! Who knew right?! I love my babies to death as I'm sure you do too!

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

hello... my chickens are half breed ( native + breed) they are tall and heavy.... I show some pics later. Thanks.
goodpost.gif

Back
Top Bottom