My "Big Guy, 'Bird' is bringing me gifts!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by fishnet1971, Aug 8, 2011.

1. awwwww yesterday when I was cleaning the coop and mowing the pen for my girls (and of course, Bird) i heard Bird start doing his 'come here everyone, I have found a treat!' song. I peeped my head around the corner to see what he had this time for his girls and there was no one around but him. He kept going on, no one came. I went back to cleaning, he kept on doing his song and dance. at least 5 minutes later he came to the steps of the coop and started doing it again. I finally gave up and went over to him. I pretented i was excited just like his hens and low and behold he had brought me a gift!!!!!! on the floor he was making a fuss over a soda can top!!!! he actually carried it over and up the steps just for me!!!!!!!! I will keep it forever!!!! A gift from a male that I can actually use!!!! lolol....

Went out to feed this morning and he went nuts over a leaf for me to come see. He actually seemed mad when the girls came around and wing danced me!!!! lolololololololollool

That's my boy Bird....

2. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    This is a very cute story. Thank you for sharing.

3. cityslickers

cityslickers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    Florida
    [​IMG] too cute!!!

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    That is soooo cute! He though that pop can top was a shiny treasure!

5. mothrhen

mothrhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    Maryland
    That is exactly why we love our chickens sooo much!! Any why I'm learning chicken math the hard way:D

6. seee???? maybe he saw it this am and got all 'mushy' on me.... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Tina D

Tina D Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    Dutchess County, NY
    [​IMG]

8. [​IMG] [​IMG] I am such a moron.. na, i really put it on my keychain. I told my DH it's my 'mid life crisis' love affair on him.... [​IMG]

9. lowry075

lowry075 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    Southern California
    Ohhh, how cute. [​IMG] That is sweet.

10. Chick15

Chick15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    [​IMG] looks like bird has a little crush... [​IMG] how sweet [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by