My BIG T.V. Debut!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by suzettex5, Jun 27, 2010.

1. suzettex5

suzettex5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    California
    So, I thought I'd post the site where all my BYC friends could see me in action (and see our newest product [​IMG] )

I'm the blonde with the ponytail in the blue, long sleeved sweater, cleaning a bathroom mirror. Its only a few split seconds, but, hey- I never thought I'd be on TV, so I'm pretty excited!
    Any comments or kind critcisims are appreciated.

Just type www.getwipeout.com into your top browser to see the site, at the bottom is a box where you can click play to see the commercial. Its only 2 minutes long, so not a huge time investment or anything.

Thanks to everyone who has shared in my excitment!!

(the link may not work just by clicking on it, if it does, please let me know cuz it hasnt worked for me that way)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  2. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    That's awesome. How did you get to do that? And why is it in these infomercials everyone is smiling as they clean? I'm certainly not smiling as I wipe mirrors, I'm usually grumbling because there is toothpaste and finger prints all over it! But congrats on getting on tv, that's fantastic!

3. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. suzettex5

May 26, 2009
    California
    Quote:LOL, Chicken china mom!! I know what you mean, I dont normally wear makeup or nice clothes when I'm cleaning either!! Usually its a dirty t-shirt, sweatpants and a hair in a bun, not to mention BEFORE I've had a shower, with kids pulling on my legs and demanding they get to 'help'! [​IMG] (not super 'smile inducing', if ya know what I mean.) [​IMG]

I got to be in it because my husband invented the product. He and I invent and market new products for a living, so I made a deal with him- He does all the hard work with the business, I take care of all 5 kids, the house, and all the pets, and in exchange I get to have a tiny part in all the commercials we shoot for any of our products.

Its really fun and the best part? I get paid in chicken scratch! [​IMG]

5. SuziQ991

SuziQ991 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2009
    Missouri
    That great! Hey, I know a celebrity now [​IMG]

6. chicken_china_mom

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    Quote:LOL, Chicken china mom!! I know what you mean, I dont normally wear makeup or nice clothes when I'm cleaning either!! Usually its a dirty t-shirt, sweatpants and a hair in a bun, not to mention BEFORE I've had a shower, with kids pulling on my legs and demanding they get to 'help'! [​IMG] (not super 'smile inducing', if ya know what I mean.) [​IMG]

I got to be in it because my husband invented the product. He and I invent and market new products for a living, so I made a deal with him- He does all the hard work with the business, I take care of all 5 kids, the house, and all the pets, and in exchange I get to have a tiny part in all the commercials we shoot for any of our products.

That's awesome. I recently contacted Inventhelp and while they seemed helpful on the phone, impression that I would have to invest money in order to market my invention. So basically, I'm sitting on my invention, and I don't know what to do with it.

I don't normally clean in brand-new clothes either, LOL. I wear my worst clothes, because sometimes I have to work with bleach and I don't want to have a heart attack if its splashes on my clothes. And most of my time cleaning is spent fighting with my kids to get their portion of the chores done, with as little drama as possible. My younger daughter happens to be a drama queen, and likes to drag out any chore in her attempt to get out of doing it. So of course the time it takes me to get the household chores done is twice as long as usual, I guarantee that I'm not smiling during that time, LOL. I think it's awesome that you and your husband have built an invention business. How do you do it? Is it hard? I think it would be me to see my invention on of those as-seen on TV commercials. I've never seen your particular product on TV yet. It's a unique idea though.

7. suzettex5

May 26, 2009
    California
    Chicken China mom- We are just starting the testing phase for the wipeout. That means we run a few commercials in a very limited testing market, not alot of exposure at first. Once we see what the response is, we either ramp up the media campaign, or we figure out what needs tweaking and test again in different markets and time slots.

My hubby and I are always telling people to run away from those companies that are trying to get your ideas. Your right, all they really want is your money- you can do almost everything they do for free and nearly free. Of course, it helps to know someone in the biz as well, and a patent attorney can be your best friend. We always reccomend anyone with an idea go to USPTO.com, it is a free site that will allow you to search through patents that have been granted or applied for in just about every field imaginable. And, no, they dont keep a record of what you search for, but we make sure our spyware and anti-virus are very good to prevent any hackers from seeing what we are doing. There is alot of idea thievery out there, so you do have to have to be careful (dont use public computers)

After your USPTO search (that is United States Patent and Trademark Office) you will need to file whats called a Provisional Application- that lets the USPTO know what you are doing, gives you a year of protection and time to file a patent. It does cost about $110 to file that. A patent attorney is the best person to file and work on a patent (if you want patent protection, most do) There are alot of other details, but I welcome questions, and I'm happy to help out anyone trying to figure the whole invention process out.

Oh, and if you ever figure out a way to get the kids to help out willingly with the chores, I'd be willing to pay for that secret!!

8. chicken_china_mom

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    Quote:Thanks for that info, I'll go check the site out tomorrow. I'm not sure how interesting my idea is, but it can't hurt to look and see if anyone else has already thought of it.

As for getting the kids to clean, I have a neat idea that works, I'll post tomorrow though about it cause it's nearly 3am here and my brain is fuzzy, lol. It's based on a T.V. show that used to be on Sci Fi that my kids really miss. Not horror, believe it or not, it was called Chase. Man my kids loved that show. If they play that while they are cleaning, they have fun and the house gets clean. I'll explain it all tomorrow though, too sleepy now to think of all the rules, lol!

9. suzettex5

May 26, 2009
    California
    Looking forward to the tips! Thanks!

An idea doesnt have to be super exciting or wonderful- sometimes its just a new way of doing something, or an improvement to something that makes all the difference. New games are the hardest to get going, applicators are pretty easy, toys are kinda in between, food and medicine take forever due to gov. regulations. Never give up!! Even if you find that someone has already come up with something you thought you created- dont give up! All that means is you are on the right track with your thinking, someone else just got to it first, thats all. I think moms are so good at inventing, after all, necessity is the Mother of all invention, right?!?!

10. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY

That's awesome. I recently contacted Inventhelp and while they seemed helpful on the phone, impression that I would have to invest money in order to market my invention. So basically, I'm sitting on my invention, and I don't know what to do with it.

I don't normally clean in brand-new clothes either, LOL. I wear my worst clothes, because sometimes I have to work with bleach and I don't want to have a heart attack if its splashes on my clothes. And most of my time cleaning is spent fighting with my kids to get their portion of the chores done, with as little drama as possible. My younger daughter happens to be a drama queen, and likes to drag out any chore in her attempt to get out of doing it. So of course the time it takes me to get the household chores done is twice as long as usual, I guarantee that I'm not smiling during that time, LOL. I think it's awesome that you and your husband have built an invention business. How do you do it? Is it hard? I think it would be me to see my invention on of those as-seen on TV commercials. I've never seen your particular product on TV yet. It's a unique idea though.

Sounds like me. I have one that I tried to get to market with a company called Davison. They seemed pretty legit, and extremely helpful. But they wanted I believe $600-$800 just to start up, I certainly don't have that kind of money, especially on something that would probably cost $10-$15 retail! So I'm waiting and hoping that the invention fairy will come along and hook me up [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by