My bird can hear other birds outside

Clarpa

Hatching
May 27, 2018
hi I just got a new lovebird and I love him! His cage is between two windows so if he wants he can look out side but his cage is against a wall on one side. So this morning when I woke him up he kept gong from side to side looking outside and Im guessing he heard other birds oit side because he would make a lot of noise and then stop to listen, also some times he would stop and i think he would try to open his food door. This was kind of scarring me because I am not sure if he wants to get outside or if he dosent like the other bird noises. Note he is usually a very quite bird from what ive seen.

I routinely take my parakeets outside during the summer in a secure cage with wings clipped because they enjoy all the bird activity. When weather is cooler I open the windows because they do enjoy listening to and answering all the other birds of the world.

I routinely take my parakeets outside during the summer in a secure cage with wings clipped because they enjoy all the bird activity. When weather is cooler I open the windows because they do enjoy listening to and answering all the other birds of the world.
Are they tame? I thought hearing and seeing other birds makes the bird like the other birds more than humans. I could be wrong...

when I was a kid I had a parakeet I spent so much time with him training him to do many tricks , I never once clipped his wings , he sat on my shoulder while I rode my bike he listened to every command . my friend invited me swimming , not thinking I told my little buddy to go home , he never did this before he did just that .

my mother called my friends house to talk to me , she said my bird was in the tree above the deck . I told her to open the door and tell him to go to his cage sure enough he did in the door 2 passes around the house right to his cage.

those little birds are so smart . I had my little buddy almost 14 years , the best friend I had in the world 45 years later I swear I still hear him chirping,

But I got mine in a pet store not too long ago, and since he is pretty wild, we are still working on taming him. That's probably not a good time to let him hear and communicate with wild birds.

I find that letting the birds out in the morning for around 30 minutes to squawk and scream all they want at wild birds makes it easier for taming them in the house. They don't scream after you let them outside, and they tend to be more hungry after all the activity so they're more eager to train for millet.

Back
Top Bottom