1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

My Birthday presents arrived!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ande03, Jun 4, 2010.

1. ande03

ande03 Chirping

Jun 6, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Well, they arrived yesterday, on my birthday, but I had so much fun watching them I just now got to post! Then I went out and gave my girls (the year olds) so treats so they wouldn't feel left out [​IMG]!! These are my new 8 little girls (we ordered sexed chicks from MPC, can't afford a roo in the middle of our subdivision!) I can't wait to see how they grow out and what colors my EEs end up being (my current EE's are just so pretty, they've got some tough competition!). Oh, and yes, my husband and sister had a blast naming these . . .

Kellogg - Welsummer
    [​IMG]

Corn Flakes - Welsummer
    [​IMG]

Sesame - Easter Egger
    [​IMG]

Cashew - Easter Egger
    [​IMG]

Nuggets - Blue Andalusian (appears to be a splash)
    [​IMG]

Cobalt - Blue Andalusian
    [​IMG]

Nestle - Silver Cuckoo Maran
    [​IMG]

Cadbury - Silver Cuckoo Maran
    [​IMG]

Oh, I'm just so in love!! I love being a chicken mama, and, well, the eggs sure are worth it!!

2. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Adorable! I love their little portraits!

3. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Songster

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    Happy Birthday, what a great b-day present. They are soooo cute and the pics. are great, cute names also.[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. ellieroo

ellieroo Songster

Mar 22, 2008
    Happy Birthday there just can't be much cuter birthday presents than yours! [​IMG]

5. bambi

bambi Songster

Apr 7, 2010
    Mo.
    Happy Birthday! What cuties and love the names of your new babies:D

6. felidaet

felidaet Songster

Dec 10, 2008
    Vancouver, Wa.
    Cute chicks [​IMG]

I hate to say it but most hatcheries only guarantee a 90% accuracy when sexing chicks. Even though they are sexed you could still end up with a rooster. Last year I ended up with one in 18 chicks. I re-homed it via craigs list. This year it looks like I have 3 roosters out of 24 chicks (I had more chicks but lost a few... I won't go into that story in this post). I will definitely get rid of at least one rooster. If one or two of them don't crow much and are friendly I might keep them. Luckily I live in an area where I can keep roosters. I will get rid of any that make much noise or are mean. I am trying to be a good neighbor even though I am legal. I do have some neighbors close by.

7. pkw

pkw Songster

May 14, 2010
    North Edwards, CA
    What excellent birthday presents!! They are so adorable. Have fun with them baby chickies.

8. Peppermint

Peppermint Songster

You lucky mama! Beautiful chicks!

I got my chicks as my Mother's Day present. Sometimes you have to get your OWN Mother's Day present... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by