My Black Copper Marans Chicks

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by mochicken, Nov 18, 2011.

1. mochicken

mochicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    Here are my three French Black Copper Marans chicks, they were hatched right around Halloween, I drove an hour and 20 minutes each way to pick them up, they are one of my favorite breeds because of their feathered legs, shiny black feathers, and of course the dark brown eggs [​IMG]

I do not know the sex of them yet but I am thinking there will be two pullets and a roo, I know thats wishful thinking when you only have 3 chicks lol, one is growing quite a bit faster ( first pic ) and has more red in his face and even looks to be getting lil red wattles and the other two are still yellow in the face, smaller, and no trace of red or wattles.

Sorry for the bad pics, iPhone pics then cropped them out lol. When it warms up later today ( if the wind gets down below 40mph ) I will try to get some pics outdoors where the lighting is better

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. HiddenHens987

HiddenHens987 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Adorable peeps! Should be lots of fun watching them grow up!

3. mochicken

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    I will post more pics when they feather out, I tried to take more pics today but the wind didnt cooperate and my lil spoiled babies hate to be outside half fuzzy and all lol

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    still too early to sex them. I hope you are correct and that you don't have 3 roos. [​IMG]

5. mochicken

Apr 27, 2011
    NW Missouri
    That would be my luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by