My black copper Marans not laying eggs?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by AK Chicken Guy, Oct 11, 2013.

1. AK Chicken Guy

AK Chicken Guy Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2013
    Marans were born in April the got non medicated chick feed then pullet grower no eggs yet got oyster shells I'm feed and I'm a free free bin nest it mic and warm but no eggs I. Even got rid of hone birds that was terracing them. But still no egg

Quails lay every day in
    The same Area as the chickens they
    Just lazy !!':ya:ya

2. imogene08

imogene08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2013
    Florida
    Could we see a picture?? That could help me
    Estimate do the pullets squat when you go to pick them up do they practice their egg song??

3. AK Chicken Guy

Jun 30, 2013
    I will post some as soon as I can sit down at a computer.

4. AK Chicken Guy

Jun 30, 2013
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    just had to add a couple extras photos of EE all are over 6 months old and no eggs yet

5. AK Chicken Guy

Jun 30, 2013
    no songs and I don't really pick them up much so there a little flighty when I try. They all hang out by me outside even eat from my hand just no picking up.

6. imogene08

imogene08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2013
    Florida
    2nd picture looks like those would be your last ones to start laying as they have pale crowns and wattles.The last picture looks to be your first followed by the first and your EE the third picture is blurry so I can't see much do you have a rooster do they squat for him have you tryed to pick them up and they squatted?

7. AK Chicken Guy

Jun 30, 2013
    No rooster city ordinance doesn't allow it. No squating but I don't really pick up my chickens don't get me wrong I don't mistreat my chicken but I don't treat them as pets either. They get the best of everything food, treats, bedding, water even coop expansion.

8. mejumpmore1

mejumpmore1 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 8, 2013
    Alabama
    Looks to me like you have a bit of a wait on your hands yet. I've got 2 BA's that have combs about that size and don't expect them to begin to lay for another 4-6 weeks. My marans on the other hand has a HUGE comb, but then, she is an adult hen who has been laying for some time now. Those lovely dark brown eggs are exciting to gather.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by