My Black Jersey Giants

crossbowhunter5

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 26, 2014
Saltville Va
My Black Jersey Giants are just 10 days short of being 7 months old & my Lord they are the biggest chicken breed i have ever owned. I have some pic i took late last month I am posting a few

Al of the pics of the rooster is Ole BIGFOOT
I have 3 roosters & i want to sell them i just can't find any buyers here most of the folks around here don't want to pay a fair price for this Rare Breed according to Cackle Hatchery i ordered them from the Rare Breed section one guy only offered me 50 cents each that was really a was insulted by this sorry offer i'll put them in the pot before i just give them away sorry folks about the jabber jaws but that offer was a JOKE NO WAY . I have 5 of my pullets that are laying just about everyday & there are many more to start I LOVE IT !!!!!

Last edited:
At 7 months they are just getting started. Jerseys don't completely fill out until about 2 or 3 years old. So be prepared for those roo's max get two feet tall or more. The hens can get almost as big but watch their weight. Sometimes they get so heavy they crack their eggs.

Oh and I have a suggestion for the extra roos. When I get to many of anything I swap for something I want from other folks that raise chickens. And try your local 4H, they are usually happy to take them to use when training the kids.

Back
Top Bottom